RSE Vacancy at Lancaster University
Lancaster University are seeking to recruit a Research Software Engineer to take a leading role within Lancaster’s emerging software engineering strategy.
‘Do you have a drive to help scientific researchers improve their software within a vibrant University environment? Are you passionate about research software using the latest hardware? Are you dedicated to sustainable software through best practice in modern software development? If so, you could be the person we need to recruit!’ The team at Lancaster are looking for an individual who can work independently across different scientific disciplines to help researchers achieve excellence in their research software outputs, as well as providing a local point of contact for researchers looking to use Bede, N8’s tier 2 supercomputer.
The successful applicant will be based at Lancaster University’s Data Science Institute and will connect researchers from different disciplines who work with complex data. The role will have three main responsibilities:
- To support researchers in improving their research code and coding habits.
- To facilitate access to the Tier-2 supercomputer by providing code-porting and software engineering advice;
- To take a leading role in developing a cross-campus development programme in research coding, and data and code management to be accessible by postgraduate students, research associates, and academic staff alike.
You can see more details of the existing RSE support that’s available at each of the N8 universities on our website at: https://n8cir.org.uk/supporting-research/facilities/bede/rse-support-bede/
Senior Research Computing Officer Vacancy at Durham University
Durham University are seeking to recruit a Senior Research Computing Officer to help ensure that Durham’s Directorate of Advanced Research Computing (ARC) are able to deliver their strategy for computational support of research, including:
- Enabling research and innovation to be at the forefront of computational practice
- Enabling academic leadership through the adoption and evolution of leading technology
- Fostering associated expertise
- Enhancing interdisciplinary collaborations
The closing date for this post has now passed.
You can read more about how the ARC team was founded on the N8 CIR website at: https://n8cir.org.uk/supporting-research/rse/case-studies/