The strategy aims to provide a competitive edge, extending the boundaries of the possible by:
- Building communities of practice focused on N8 strategic research priorities;
- Developing CIR skills, including building a community of research software engineers; developing shared software infrastructure to support research priorities and cross-cutting capabilities;
- Facilitating the provision of shared high-performance computing resources involving N8 partners;
- Facilitating access to the national e-Infrastructure ecosystem;
- Positioning N8 to leverage future funding for CIR.
The CoE will accelerate progress in areas of research that are of strategic importance to the N8 partners, including some that have not made heavy use of technology in the past.