The strategy of the N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) will focus on the creation of a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in CIR methods, skills and facilities to underpin the strategic research objectives of the N8 universities. The strategy aims to provide a competitive edge, extending the boundaries of the possible by:
The CoE will accelerate progress in areas of research that are of strategic importance to the N8 partners, including some that have not made heavy use of technology in the past.
- Building communities of practice focused on N8 strategic research priorities;
- Developing CIR skills, including building a community of research software engineers; developing shared software infrastructure to support research priorities and cross-cutting capabilities;
- Facilitating the provision of shared high-performance computing resources involving N8 partners;
- Facilitating access to the national e-Infrastructure ecosystem;
- Positioning N8 to leverage future funding for CIR.
You can read more about the N8 Research Partnership at:
Acknowledging N8 CIR in Publications
All work arising from this Centre should be properly acknowledged in presentations and papers with the following text: "The support of the N8 Centre of Excellence for Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) funded by the N8 research partnership (Universities of Durham, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield and York) is gratefully acknowledged."
Acknowledging Bede in Publications
All work arising from this facility should be properly acknowledged in presentations and papers with the following text: “This work made use of the facilities of the N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) provided and funded by the N8 research partnership and EPSRC (Grant No. EP/T022167/1). The Centre is co-ordinated by the Universities of Durham, Manchester and York.”
N8 CIR and Bede Logos
A high-resolution version of the N8 CIR and Bede logos, for use in talks or on posters can be found here: https://n8cir.org.uk/about/n8-cir-logo//