The strategy of the N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) will focus on the creation of a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in CIR methods, skills and facilities to underpin the strategic research objectives of the N8 universities. The strategy aims to provide a competitive edge, extending the boundaries of the possible by:
- Building communities of practice focused on selected N8 strategic research priorities;
- Developing skills, including building a community of research software engineers; developing shared software infrastructure to support research priorities and cross-cutting capabilities;
- Facilitating the provision of shared high-performance computing resources involving N8 partners;
- Facilitating access to the national e-Infrastructure ecosystem;
- Positioning N8 to leverage future funding for CIR.
You can read more about the N8 Research Partnership at: https://www.n8research.org.uk/