Five themes have been identified as a basis for developing the CoE which meet the following criteria:
- strategic importance for some or all N8 partners, reflected in institutional and N8 strategies;
- outstanding opportunity for research innovation through the novel application of CIR methods;
- national priorities, with identified and substantial funding streams through UKRI; outstanding scope for innovation in underpinning CIR methods, giving a competitive advantage to N8 researchers.
The chosen themes are:
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Digital Health
- Digital Humanities
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Computational Sciences
In addition there will also be Research Software Engineer and Research Infrastructure Engineer themes.
Active themes will have a local representative at each individual institution. Details of the Theme Leads are available on the theme page.